MUTEK Montréal 2019 Call for Proposals
November 29, 2018
We are officially launching the call for project proposals for MUTEK’s 20th edition, taking place in Montréal, August 20 to 25, 2019. Artists from Québec and Canada exploring new aesthetic avenues in digital creation and electronic music are invited to submit their projects.
Intent on continuing the gender parity and inclusiveness initiatives started last year with the Keychange :: Amplify Project, this call also specifically encourages submissions from women, female-identifying and non-binary artists, as well as those from indigenous and other cultural groups.
Please note that this call applies ONLY to Canadians at home and abroad, but also welcomes submissions from foreign artists residing in Canada.
The kinds of work we are especially interested in are:
- Live, original and predominantly electronic music performances
- Live audiovisual performances featuring innovative use of digital imagery and sound where the audio and visual are considered a singular entity
- Urban installations and architectural mapping creations
- Interactive and audiovisual installations that could be imagined existing in social space or as encounters on sites and in venues occupied by the festival
- Any projects that push boundaries and challenge conventions in the digital creation sphere
MUTEK is dedicated to presenting live performances; DJ mixes will not be considered.
We strongly encourage applicants to accompany their submissions with audio and video documentation of their projects.
The submission deadline for all MUTEK 2019 proposals is January 31, 2019.
Due to the historical volume of submissions, artists will only be contacted if they are being considered to perform at the festival. We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest!